Keystone Wellness Programs works within the community to promote the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Wellness Initiative. SAMHSA’s Wellness Initiative raises awareness of health disparities among people with serious mental and/or substance use disorders and the general population.
Keystone Wellness Programs can provide customized wellness training and programming for your company, organization, or group. Contact us at 724-342-3474 for more information.
Wellness is being in good physical and mental health. Because mental health and physical health are linked, problems in one area can impact the other. SAMHSA identifies 8 dimensions of wellness:
- Emotional—Coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships
- Environmental—Good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support well-being
- Financial—Satisfaction with current and future financial situations
- Intellectual—Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills
- Occupational—Personal satisfaction and enrichment from one’s work
- Physical—Recognizing the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep
- Social—Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system
- Spiritual—Expanding a sense of purpose and meaning in life